CEDA Dredging Days 2017 - Programme announced
Unmissable two days
We are pleased to announce the programmme for our upcoming trademark biennial event on 9-10 November 2017, in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. CEDA Dredging Days has been the primary international dredging conference in the CEDA region (Europe, Middle East, Africa) for almost 40 years. This year’s event will focus on the continued benefits of dredging projects that add value to nature and society and minimise potential negative impacts.
Programme highlights include:
- Keynote address by Frank Verhoeven, President of IADC - the International Association of Dredging Companies
- 19 peer-reviewed papers presented by international experts on: Environment and monitoring; Developments in instrumentation; Sustainable working methods and equipment; Innovative solutions and an Academic Session showcasing research papers on various subjects (a special feature of the session is that speakers do not have to adhere to the general conference theme.)
- An Interactive Session, on contractual problems and how to avoid them, designed to bring useful lessons to all parties in a contract (including the project owner, contractor, supplier, and engineer/designer)
- Presentation of CEDA’s Checklist for Successful Dredging Management by the new Dredging Management Commission
- Young CEDA Pitch Talks with a series of up to 8 short, sharp presentations by bright young professionals
- Dredging exhibition, where leading companies showcase their latest products and services
- Technical visit to an interesting project
- Student programme that enables promising students to attend the conference and exhibition. Under this programme, CEDA sponsors the participation of 70 students from various countries.
- Access to Europort 2017
For full details go to www.cedaconferences.org/dredgingdays2017 or download the brochure by clicking the image on the right.
What leading professionals say about Dredging Days
Johan Van Voorthuizen, Director Maritime & Aviation Europe Royal HaskoningDHV: “Royal HaskoningDHV is strongly connected to innovative ways of environmental engineering, so for us, the best place to get informed about innovations in dredging and management of ecosystems is the CEDA Dredging Days.”
Andre Kik, Account Director Benelux, Royal IHC: “CEDA Dredging Days is the best place to hear high-quality technical presentations and that’s where we send out staff for a regular update. The excellent programme, and associated events, attract serious professionals so the networking is always useful too.”
Connecting with peers
In addition to the ever-popular CEDA-Netherlands Reception, this year we’re introducing two new elements to further enhance the Dredging Days experience. There’ll be the Break-Ice-Fast, on Thursday morning, which will be a fun and slightly unorthodox opportunity to meet fellow participants and share ideas on a variety of issues during a facilitated networking breakfast. We will also add access to an online conference app that’ll make it even easier for participants to interact with each other before, during and after the event.
Fees: € 605 (Members of CEDA, EADA and WEDA); €780 (Non-members); € 370 (PhD students); €125 (Students).
For detailed information including exhibition and sponsorship opportunities please visit the conference website at www.cedaconferences.org/dredgingdays2017 or contact Sylvia Minten at the Conference Secretariat (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Skype:sylvia.minten; Telephone +5999 512 74 71 (Curaçao), Whatsapp: +31 61 660 3947)