CEDA Dredging Days Re-invented
Just about everybody in the Dredging Community knows the CEDA Dredging Days: CEDA’s Flagship Event, known for its scientifically sound programme and high-quality technical papers. You probably noticed that you hadn’t heard yet about the 2021 Dredging Days and we did this on purpose. Partly because of uncertainties related to COVID19, but especially because we have been working hard to re-invent the event.
We have listened carefully to feedback gathered from CEDA members and other stakeholders in the world of dredging. We are now ready and proud to announce that the Dredging Days will be back with a vengeance in September 2021: we are planning to start Monday evening, 27 September and end the programme on Wednesday afternoon, 29 September. Depending on the availability of key speakers and venue, we may move the event with one week, to 4-6 October 2021.
The preliminary programme features a unique mix of what was good of the past and what is needed for the future.
What can you expect? First of all, we will maintain our high standard for the scientific and technical papers. In addition, as a participant, you will find a series of new features, including:
- Keynotes on international policies that will strategically impact our industry;
- Candid reactions from industry CEOs to the most challenging and provocative questions young dredging professionals can produce about the future of our industry;
- Exciting innovations from all possible stakeholders in the world of dredging;
- A business exchange session, designed to involve all participants and explore reciprocal opportunities;
- A series of formatted parallel sessions, focusing on a variety of innovations in the industry, in addition to the technical peer-reviewed papers;
- Cross-fertilization for innovation in a special session with representatives of other industries who have solved issues similar to some of ours.
Where? At a venue in either Belgium or the Netherlands we are due to announce shortly. The change of location will allow members and non-members alike easier access and an environment that will help networking and a sense of belonging.
We hope you will be as excited as we are about the new CEDA Dredging Days 2021. We will have more details soon to help you plan your involvement in the event. In the meantime, look out for the call for papers, for both our academic and practice-oriented innovation streams, which will be out shortly.
Start blocking the dates for the revamped Dredging Days. Believe us: you don’t want to miss this.
At CEDA Dredging Days 2019. We keep what was good of the past and add what is needed for the future.